Wharton map kiosk at trailhead

News and happenings at JORBA stewarded parks. (Trail Work announcements should go into Trail Work Forum)

Moderator: Moderators

Wharton map kiosk at trailhead

Postby sjtrailrider » Mon May 31, 2010 10:44 am

A large map kiosk showing the Wharton Forest bicycle trails was setup at the trail head this Memorial Day weekend. One map is a detailed view of the inner red, white and blue bicycle trails (Teaberry, Oak Hill, Huckleberry & FireTower trails). The second map provides the big picture of the Penn Branch bicycle trail.
The kiosk includes the very cool tag, ...with volunteer help from members of the Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association.
There are also pictures of riders enjoying the trail. I'm not positive, and am waiting for confirmation, but there is a chance that photos of Jeff Mergler and Karen Workman are included on the kiosk. (Presumably from the Lost LawnMower Ride.) :D
Kurt
sjtrailrider
pro

Re: Wharton map kiosk at trailhead

Postby mergs » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:02 am

sweet. if you get a chance to post up a picture of the kiosk, i'd love to see it! 8)

p.s. that was indeed Gil taking photos at the lost lawn mower ride. :) the reason bob and frank were not pictured is because they dropped us in the last mile or so!
What would we do without trails? Let's not find out. http://www.IMBA.com

"Cycling tracks will abound in Utopia" - H.G. Wells
mergs
blabbermouth

Re: Wharton map kiosk at trailhead

Postby sjtrailrider » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Tossed some snapshots of the trailhead kiosk on JORBA's Wharton Forest page.
http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=Wharton_State_Forest

(I still grin like a chimp when riding by the kiosk. :D ) High fives to everyone that came out and worked on the trail. And a hearty handshake to those that gave encouragement.
Kurt
sjtrailrider
pro

Return to Park News