JORBA/ATUG Beginner Rides

News and happenings at JORBA stewarded parks. (Trail Work announcements should go into Trail Work Forum)

Moderator: Moderators

JORBA/ATUG Beginner Rides

Postby gt2brew » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:08 am

Hey folks, It's that time of year so we are happy to announce the return of the weekly Tuesday Night Beginner rides at Allaire beginning on April 28th 2009. These rides were a huge success last year so it was only a matter of time (daylight actually) before we started them again. We meet at the Hospital Rd lot for a 6pm departure :lol: and we return just before dark. This ride is for all levels but caters to the beginner so bring a friend who may not be the greatest rider....this is for them. The pace is only as fast as the slowest rider and usually ends up being a nice and easy social pace. So bring a friend, the Mrs. (or Mr.) and have a great time. There are always coaches mixed into the group so you can pick up some skills along the way. So bring your bike(required), helmet(required), water and have some fun with the 501 crew :D .

Frank Harms
frank-at-jorba.org
gt2brew
blabbermouth

Re: JORBA/ATUG Beginner Rides

Postby mergs » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:18 pm

I wish I lived closer, I want to sweep! I hear all the fun happens in the back :)

By the way, I've never seen a Wookie in a "3 point stance" before!
Attachments
DSCN15290001.jpg
mergs
blabbermouth

Postby MickeyRC » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:12 am

Hello I am far from expert but wouldn't classify myself as a beginner either. I would like to join you for two reasons. A. I need to get my legs back after far too long off the bike and B. I really am not that confident in my navigation around Allaire and would like to learn the lay of the land.

My question is do I need to sign any type of release in advance or can we take care of that at the trail head?

Thanks,
Mickey
MickeyRC
lurker

Postby gt2brew » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:28 am

Nope...we just meet at the lot. This is an informal ride so no waivers are required.
Frank Harms
frank-at-jorba.org
gt2brew
blabbermouth

Return to Park News