Poor trail conditions at Allaire

News and happenings at JORBA stewarded parks. (Trail Work announcements should go into Trail Work Forum)

Moderator: Moderators

Poor trail conditions at Allaire

Postby gt2brew » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:32 pm

A recent warming trend has melted the 3-4 inches of snow at Allaire. Unfortunately this water has not been able to soak into the ground because of the fact that the ground is still frozen 6 inches below the surface. On Sunday Feb 8th the park received an unusually high number of riders due to the fact that it was a beautiful day. The result is sad, the trails have been beat up, widened and need to recover. On behalf of the 95 volunteers that have worked on the Allaire trails this past year, we ask that everyone refrain from using the park until we have either a major freeze or the trails dry out. Beginning in March we will return to our monthly maintenance schedule and start the repair process.

thank you for your cooperation,
Frank Harms
Frank Harms
frank-at-jorba.org
gt2brew
blabbermouth

Re: Poor trail conditions at Allaire

Postby ysnussbaum » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Dear Frank;
Hi!
I, and my children, use the Allaire trails periodically, and I appreciate your efforts in this area.
It is not practical in my situation to physically assist in trail maintenance; however, I would like to contribute financially to the efforts.
Is there a way (and is there a need) to contribute to specifically the ATUG group?
(It does not need to be tax deductible.)
Thanks.
ysnussbaum
lurker

Re: Poor trail conditions at Allaire

Postby gt2brew » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi and thank you for your support. Not everyone can make it out to our trail maintenance sessions and that is ok. Many folk are willing but not always able to volunteer. You could help support our effort by joining JORBA or you could make a donation to JORBA and we can earmark that donation for ATUG. Whatever you choose to do, thanks again for your support. :D
Frank Harms
frank-at-jorba.org
gt2brew
blabbermouth

Return to Park News